We are looking for easy-going, energetic, fun loving folks who love the outdoors and like to work hard.
Our season runs from May through September (our Lodge being open through the middle of October), with the busiest times being July and August. We appreciate employees not taking vacations during this busy time.
PLEASE APPLY ONLY ONCE (per season). Apply for your top pick first, and then let us know via email or your cover letter any other job interests that you have.
When should I apply? We post most all of our positions beginning in mid-January. This is when we will start the interview process and will make most hiring decisions by March. If you don't see a position listed, it is not available.
**Please do not apply for a position you do not really want or are not qualified for just to get your application seen.
By submitting your application, you agree to allow us to correspond with you and to conduct background / reference / credit checks as we deem necessary.
We have a clean and comfortable 12 room eco-friendly lodge located in West Glacier. This position requires an upbeat attitude with an attention to detail. We have full and part time seasonal positions May through mid-October. Full time shift is 5 days a week from 9 to 2 sometimes 3 PM. Job duties include room cleaning, laundry and assist with checking in guests. Minor yard work and general building maintenance. Free park pass. Opportunities to go on any Glacier Guides trip that has availability. $110 worth of free logo'd retail. Pro deals for several outdoor gear companies. Opportunity to go through guide trainings (if it doesn't interfere with schedule).
Job Description - Glacier Guides Montana Raft Manager
Glacier Guides and Montana Raft’s mission is to provide exceptional active travel vacations and experiences in and around Glacier National Park while preserving and protecting Glacier’s unique ecosystem using the best available ecologically sound practices.
The Raft Manager is the face, eyes and ears of the rafting department. This is an upbeat, outgoing, high energy, attention to detail position. Works with office reservations, schedules guides, organizes hourly launches, loads boats, helps guests get ready for the trip, trains guides, drives shuttles, all with a focus on guest and employee safety. Also helps with cleaning and appearance of rafts, raft vehicles, rental equipment, rafting equipment and life jackets.
- Maintains a secure, clean, welcoming environment.
- Manages raft guides. Reviews their work. Records which guides work when and where.
- Ability to constructively problem solve, be dynamic, and work in potentially stressful situations.
- Trains guides on informative GNP bus talk, raft talk and safety talk
- Makes sure guides show up on time and get the work done.
- Drive van and bus shuttles
- Must have a cell phone and be able to text
- Carry a radio and checks with office for reservation changes often.
- Must be able to carry/lift 50lbs often and 75lbs sometimes.
- Must be able to work with social media, excel and google docs.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs.
- No Smoking
- Will need to be trained in swift water rescue
- Will need to have Wilderness First Aid or better
- Will need to get a class B CDL (we can help you with this)
- Must have prior rafting experience
- Construction and/or Mechanical experience a plus.
- 4-5 days per week, May/June through August or September.
- Salary and Benefits Package DOE
- Accommodations may be available.
Maintenance, and Bus Driver. When submitting your application let us know which one you are interested in applying for. Benefits for full time work: Free park pass. Opportunities to go on any Glacier Guides trip that has availability. $110 worth of free logo'd retail. Pro deals for several outdoor gear companies. Opportunity to go through guide trainings (if it doesn't interfere with schedule).
This postion is a little bit of everything. Position runs from mid May to mid-September. Here is just a sample of the type of tasks that could be asked of you (but not limited to):
- get gas
- help load boats
- clean life jackets/ booties/ tents/ sleeping bags
- help in our kitchen
- recycling tasks
- help with providing shuttles
- mow the lawn
- pick weeds
- clean bathrooms
- clean vans/busses
- porter on select backpacking trips
- go along on any of our trips as support when needed
No experience is neccassary for this position, just a positive and hard working personality.
Valid driver's license preferred. Must be able to take direction well, be self motivated, and follow through with little supervision. Sense of humor is a plus.
Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs on a regular basis.
Van/ Mini Bus/ Bus Driver
Schedule: 4-5 days per week. 9:30 until 4-6 (depending on trip schedule).
Required: Clean driving record, must pass physical and drug/alcohol test, backing up and driving with trailers. Commercial Driving License (CDL) is a huge plus, but if you don't have one we can help you get one. Must have a friendly, fun and flexible attitude. We will pay for fees associated with tests.
Responsibilities: Daily inspections and keeping vehicles logs up to date. Fueling vehicles. Driving vans, mini busses, or large passenger bus with a trailer of rafts to and from river put ins. Daily cleaning of vans/busses (interior, exterior, and windows). Works with vehicle manager, mechanic, and rafting manager to operate safe, timely shuttles.